Caring for your Tile & Stone.
Tile and Stone flooring is by far the easiest to maintain and keep looking beautiful for years to come. Minimal daily care and maintenance along with a deeper clean once a week is really all it takes to keep your flooring looking like new!
Our flooring specialists at H & R Carpets and Flooring put together the following care and maintenance tips for your tile and stone flooring:
Tile Care and Maintenance Tips:
- Keep your tile and stone flooring clean by daily sweeping, dusting or vacuuming to clear away dirt, sand and grime and keep the surface looking polished.
- Unlike hard surface flooring, it’s also recommended to use either steam cleaning or a wet mop at least once a week with a manufacturer approved cleaner that is also compatible with grout.
- The Shaw R2X Hard Surfaces Flooring Cleaner is a great cleaning solution for stone and tile flooring, and is available to purchase at our store location or online here.
Tile Stain Removal:
- For common household spills and messes like milk, beer and pet accidents, immediately wipe away or mop clean.
- Tile and stone flooring surfaces can get very slippery when wet, so it’s important to keep your tile and stone flooring as dry as possible.
Approved Tile Cleaning Products:
Avoid products that contain acids, vinegars, chlorine and ammonia when cleaning your tile and stone flooring. Since certain cleaning chemicals can actually damage or discolor the grout or surfaces of your tile and stone flooring, it’s important to check with your manufacturer guidelines to ensure you’re using an approved cleaning solution.
Fortunately, many manufacturers produce approved cleaning products to help keep your tile and stone floors looking their best! Speak to any of our store representatives for recommended tile and stone flooring cleaning supplies.
Below is a list of additional care and maintenance tips plus stain removal resources to help keep your tile and stone flooring looking beautiful: